Genie GS-4655 High-reach Slab Scissor Lift to Launch at bauma
Maximum working height, heavy-lift capacity and powerful new AC electric drive motors enhance eco-friendly productivity in a light and compact package Genie – Terex AWP
As part of its bauma 2019 product lineup, Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP) will be showcasing the new Genie GS-4655 scissor lift on booth n° FM 711. The latest addition to the brand’s large electric slab scissor lift family, this new eco-friendly machine comes in a compact, lightweight package and combines maximized productivity with increased battery runtime and reduced service costs. It will be available globally in Q3 2019.
Genie GS Scissor Lifts Now Available with Lithium Ion Battery Option
The GS-4655 provides a maximum indoor working height of 16.02 m (52 ft.), maximum outdoor working height of 10.70 m (34 ft. 6 in.), a horizontal outreach of 1.22 m (4 ft.) with fully rolled-out deck extension, as well as 25% gradeability and 14° breakover angle to climb steep ramps and make transport easier. It offers a 350 kg (770 lb.) lift capacity for up to three people and their tools and materials. With its narrow 1.40 m (4 ft. 7 in.) chassis width, the 3538-kg (7,800 lb.) unit has been engineered for high access in restricted spaces.
“Thanks to its heavy-duty, fully sealed front-wheel AC electric drive motors, the new Genie GS-4655 scissor lift is designed with sustainability, productivity and a low cost of ownership in mind. We engineered this model to deliver the height and emissions-free power to work indoors and out, even in harsh outdoor jobsite conditions,” says Zach Gilmor, Genie Product Manager, Terex AWP for the Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEAR). “Maximizing productivity, this model’s regenerative braking system also offers the benefit of industry-leading battery runtime per charge. And replacing traditional hydraulic drive motors with its new AC system, this model relies on less hydraulic service points reducing service time and costs for a cleaner and greener usage.”
Other features include:
- Side-by-side railings and diamond plate platform flooring
- Side forklift pockets in the chassis, simplifying transportability, as well as jobsite or rental yard logistics and storage
- Swing-out service trays for unobstructed access to all machine components, including the hydraulic and electrical systems
- Centered link stack under the platform provides the operator with a stable feel and optimal comfort while working at height
- Genie Smart Link control system simplifies troubleshooting with onboard easy-to-read and user-friendly machine adjustments and onboard diagnostics
- Compatibility with the Genie Tech Pro Link handheld diagnostic tool option, which enables plug-and-play software updates, settings adjustments and calibrations, with full error code readouts for simple diagnosing and troubleshooting
- Proportional joystick lift and drive functionality for tasks that demand high-precision positioning
- Commonality with the GS scissor lifts and in design, parts and accessories, as well as serviceability benefits to reduce service costs and storage space
Source: For Construction Pros